Our furniture rental company for events is very committed to sustainability and caring for the planet, which is why we are proud to be one of the first companies to have signed the Net Zero Carbon Events commitment.
Net Zero Carbon Events is a joint commitment of the entire industry of events, fairs, congresses and meetings to achieve the objectives established in the Paris Climate Agreement, reduce greenhouse gas emissions by half by 2030 and the net zero emissions in 2050.
In recent months, thanks to the Joint Meetings Industry Council (JMIC), the global collaboration of companies in the industry and the support of the UNFCCC Secretariat (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change), the commitment Net Zero Carbon Events was presented on November 10 at the COP26 World Climate Summit in Glasgow, Scotland.
Barcelona Integral is pleased to join this initiative, as it will be through continued collaborative work throughout the events sector that we will be able to make swift and essential progress towards reducing theoverall carbon footprint of events.
From our design furniture rental company in Barcelona, we have been working for a long time to reduce the consumption of single-use plastics in our day to day by changing it for other types of materials, on the other hand, we try to optimize delivery routes and use low-emission vehicles.
We are aware of the importance of the circular economy, so that our clients' events can be zero emissions, we must pay special attention to the suppliers we choose because of that our furniture is sustainable. We look for materials that are respectful with the environment, FSC wood with controlled felling, water-based varnishes, recycled plastics, quality seals among many other factors.
We are committed to collaborating with our partners, suppliers and customers to drive change throughout the value chain and move towards a future with a cleaner and more caring planet.
The Net Zero Carbon Events initiative brings together a wide range of events industry stakeholders to:
- Communicate jointly the industry's commitment to address climate change and move towards net zero by 2050.
- Develop common methodologies to measure direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions from the industry supply chain.
- Build an industry-wide roadmap towards net zero by 2050 and emission reductions by 2030 in accordance with the Paris Agreement and climate science, with support and guidance on key issues.
- Encourage collaboration with suppliers and customers to ensure alignment and common approaches.
- Establish common mechanisms to report on progress and share best practices.
The next step of "Net Zero Carbon Events" is to develop the roadmap that will support the objectives of the commitment. If you want to know more about the initiative, go to its website www.netzerocarbonevents.org